This is a step by step guide on how to create a Bukkit server for Minecraft.
- First off, create a folder somewhere on your computer to place your new server’s files (preferably your desktop).
- Install the latest recommended CraftBukkit Version from here: http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/ and place it into the folder you have just made.
- You should have a file called: craftbukkit.jar
- Rename that file to craftbukkit.jar
- Create a text document in that folder by right clicking and selecting “New text document”
It should look something like this.
Once you have done that, paste this into the text document:
CD /D “%BINDIR%”
“%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe” -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit.jar
You must save the file as a .bat file. For ex. Save the file as RUN.bat
Make sure you save the file type as “All types (*.*)”
This is what it should look like at the end:
- Click RUN.bat. A command prompt will open and should start setting up the minecraft server. You will see something like this:
- Now check the Server folder you created and should have a bunch of new files
Be sure to read the read of the overall guide on “How to create a Minecraft Server“.
Also remember to open your gameport on your Router (if you want people from outside to join it) – to open, read the guide on portforwarding.