Creating a Vanilla server is really easy – the hard part is often to open your game port on your router – just follow this guide / tutorial.
- First visit the official site for Minecraft where you can download the server software.
- Create a folder somewhere on your computer to place your new server’s files (Preferably your desktop)
- Click and download Minecraft_Server.exe FOR WINDOWS
- Place Minecraft_server.exe in the folder you created and run the program.
- Skip to Port forwarding step and learn how to port forward.
If you want to add mods and plugins to this server, please read the guide on How to make a Minecraft Bukkit Server.