The Minecraft-server-list.com will soon release a new type of sponsored system – I expect it to be live from November 1. 2013
I had to scrap the idea about 1 year sponsored for many reasons – mainly I want a more dynamic and fresh looking list. Making the site more useful for the players looking for new interesting servers, while still allowing some servers to get a sponsored placement.
Some of the new things to say about the new Sponsored system:
- 10 sponsored slots avaliable (highest bidders).
- 1 month sponsored period.
- 2 day period to place bids via dashboard. (Will start about 7 days before new period)
- 2 day period to pay for the sponsored slot. (must pay the exact amount as your final bid to get the spot)
- Minimum bid $100
- A server must have been active on the site for at least 1 month before it is eligible to participate.
- There will be punishments if a servers participates, but does not pay – look in the bottom of the actual Sponsor page in the menu (login first), for the most recent rules on this.
- Sponsored servers will be posted on frontpage and in some handpicked categories (rest of the categories are solely based on number of votes).
- If 2 sponsored servers have made the same bid amount, they will be sorted by votes the following month)
All other servers (non-sponsored) on the list will still be ranked/sorted by Votes (current month). Voting really matters, so be sure to use Votifier and inspire your users to vote for your server.
I will release more updates to the Vote part on the site, to ensure it working even better.
I really wanted to give the small and new servers a chance also, but after many talks and discussions it does just not seem to be feasible to combine a list like this and sponsored placements with brand new servers.
So my thought is to start a new list that only accept smaller servers (based on max users allowed) – this should be released in early 2014 and give a place for small servers to get new players easily and likewise allow sponsored placements for a lot less.
All values, dates and similar in this new sponsored system will possible change over the coming months, to find a level that works for everyone.