AG aims to promote interaction between players as much as possible, and places great emphasis on local economies and quality builds. The server is intended to be a basis for storytelling, therefore we want to keep things as immersive as possible. As such, certain features which you may encounter on other Towny servers will not be found here, and certain features will be in place make the experience more difficult by design. Some examples of this are the prohibition of automated farms and food decay, which prevents the hoarding of food and therefore makes food much more valuable in the pursuit of realism and to encourage specialization. These systems may seem limiting, and it's because they are- by design.
Here's what you can expect from AncientGrove:
- A Towny server with a focus on worldbuilding and geopolitics in a medieval fantasy setting
- Gameplay that focuses on building, exploration, and player interaction
- Player-written lore which is recorded on our wiki, describing important events, settlements, and individuals
- Four playable races which serve to unite players and give a solid basis for lore-writing
- Gameplay systems that enforce realism and keep the economy balanced: this includes limited teleportation, food spoilage, and reduced growth and spread rates
- A summonable and customizable mount system intended for use in travel, trade, and battle
- A server Dynmap
- Ability to rent player shops at spawn or create your own
- Selectable prefix system
- A new and quickly-growing community
- And much more!
play.ancientgrove.net | https://discord.gg/76DMfsDmuh
Plugins installed on server: Towny, Mountsx, DisplayShops, Shopkeepers, Vault, Votifier, DiscordSRV, Dynmap, Lootcrate